Optical fiber jumper at both ends of the optical module must be consistent, that is, the two ends of the optical fiber must be the same wavelength of the optical module, the simple way to distinguish the light module is the same color. In general, the short wave module uses multimode fiber (orange fiber), and the long wave module uses Single-mode fiber (yellow fiber) to ensure data transmission accuracy.
Optical fibres do not bend and loop excessively in use, which increases the attenuation of light in the transmission process.
After the fiber jumper is used, it must be protected with a protective sleeve, and the dust and oil will damage the coupling of the fiber.
If the fiber connector is dirty, you can use a cotton swab to dip the alcohol clean, otherwise it will affect the quality of communication.
1. The fiber-optic jumper ceramic core and the core end face must be wiped clean with alcohol and absorbent cotton before use.
2. Optical fiber minimum bending radius is 150mm when using.
3. Protect the core and plug the end face, to prevent scratches, pollution, remove the dust cap in time.
4. Do not look directly at the optical fiber end when the laser signal is transmitted.
5. The damaged fiber jumper should be replaced in time for the damage of man-made and other non-resistance factors.
6. Before the installation should carefully read the manual, and in the manufacturer or distributor of engineers under the guidance of the installation and commissioning.
7. Optical fiber network or system abnormal situation, can be used to test the fault elimination method. Testing or troubleshooting jumper failures can be done first, usually using the visible laser pen to judge the entire fiber link. or further use of precision optical fiber insertion loss tester, test its indicators, indicators in the scope of eligibility, the jumper instructions are normal, and vice versa.